The IACS's first annual January festival of science-intensive computing takes place Jan. 18-21, during Harvard's Optional Winter Activities Week
Join us for the first ComputeFest!
During the week before classes begin for the 2011 spring semester, undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to attend Matlab and Mathematica seminars and hands-on workshops in science-intensive computing. Morning seminars will be offered January 18-20 by MathWorks and January 21 by Wolfram Research. The afternoon workshops will be presented by SEAS Instructional and Research Computing Services.
Tuesday, January 18
- 9 am-noon: Introduction to Matlab
- 2-4 pm: Hands-On Workshop: Matlab Basics
Wednesday, January 19
- 9 a.m.-noon: Data Acquisition and Data Analysis with Matlab
- 1-3 pm: Hands-On Workshop: Data Analysis
Thursday, January 20
- 9 a.m.-noon: Parallel Computing in Matlab
- 1-3 pm: Hands-On Workshop: Parallel Computing
Friday, January 21
- 9 a.m.-noon: Overview of Mathematica for Computation, Visualization and Document Creation
- 1-3 pm: Hands-On Workshop: Symbolic and Numeric Computation and Visualization
These events are open to undergraduate and graduate students free of charge. Non-student participants will be accommodated on a space-available basis. All seminars and workshops will take place in Maxwell Dworkin, 33 Oxford Street.